Tom has a broad civil practice, including the following areas:
- Commercial, including bankruptcy and insolvency, breach of contract, Consumer Rights Act 2015, credit hire, debt recovery, enforcement, professional negligence, and sale of goods and supply of services.
- Employment (acting for claimants and respondents), including unfair and wrongful dismissal, and discrimination.
- Housing (acting for landlords and tenants), including breach of covenant, discrimination, disrepair, forfeiture, injunctions, possession and rent arrears.
- Personal injury (acting for claimants and defendants), including road traffic accidents, employer’s liability, occupiers’ liability, public liability, stage 3 and approval hearings, and small claims and fast track trials.
- Probate, including trusts, wills, and claims pursuant to the Administration of Estates Act 1925 and the Inheritance Act 1975.
- Property (commercial and residential), including adverse possession, boundary disputes, covenants, dilapidations and disrepair, easements, forfeiture, injunctions, mortgages, possession, rent arrears, trespass and nuisance, and claims pursuant to the Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act 1996.
As well as appearing in Court, both at trial and on any interim matters, Tom is happy provide advice upon or assist with drafting in any of these areas.
Tom also maintains a family practice, including both private and public children law, injunctions, and areas overlapping with his civil practice, such as probate and property cases where there are family law issues involved.
Tom took tenancy at Linenhall Chambers in February 2018, following a pupillage under the supervision of Michael Barrow.
Before joining Linenhall, Tom spent two years as a paralegal in commercial property at Darbys Solicitors LLP and, following the completion of the Bar Professional Training Course, spent a further six months as a paralegal at Challenor Gardiner Solicitors.
Tom has earlier experience in advising and representing clients through volunteering at the Citizens Advice Bureau in Oxford and the Free Representation Unit (Employment) in London.
- 2015-2016 – Bar Professional Training Course – City University, London – Outstanding.
- 2010-2013 – BA Jurisprudence – University of Oxford, The Queen’s College – Upper Second Class.
Awards and Scholarships:
- Exhibition Scholarship from the Honourable Society of the Inner Temple.
Memberships and Associations:
- The Honourable Society of the Inner Temple.