Nicholas is an experienced advocate specialising in serious and complex crime. He is frequently instructed to both prosecute and defend in serious cases such as murder, death by driving, conspiracy to supply controlled drugs, rape and fraud. He is a CPS Category 4 prosecutor and on the panel authorising him to prosecute Rape and Serious Sexual Offences. He also receives instructions from the CPS Complex Crime Unit.
- R v Mansouri – prosecuting a trial described by the legal editor of The Times newspaper as having made “legal history” as the first successful rape prosecution relying upon the hearsay evidence of a deceased victim.
- Operation Blaze – defending two of a number of defendants charged in a large scale conspiracy to supply Class A drugs.
- R v Jervis and others – five handed murder trial involving a background of firearms and drugs.
- R v Wilkinson – defending a man with learning difficulties charged with conspiring to burgle the home of a premiership footballer.
- R v George – defending as led junior in an alleged sadistic murder involving issues of loss of control and diminished responsibility.
- R v Buggie – the prosecution of a police officer charged with causing death by driving
- Sporting Icons – high profile Trading Standards prosecution involving the forgery of celebrity memorabilia and signatures.
- R v Kennedy and others – the prosecution of five police officers charged with Misconduct in a Public Office
- Southampton University 1993 LLB (Hons)
Memberships and Associations:
- Criminal Bar Association
- Inner Temple