Fiona specialises in Family law. She has an approachable manner with lay clients and solicitors. Fiona does not shrink from being brutally honest about the prospects of success or failure of any particular case. She does understand, however, that for clients the process of litigation involving the need for a Barrister is almost certainly an incredibly stressful time.
Fiona regularly represents parents, children and local authorities in all Family Courts up to, and including, the Court of Appeal.
Fiona’s specialist fields are:
- Non-accidental injuries in children including “Shaken Baby” syndrome and other life-threatening injuries e.g. serious internal trauma.
- Serious child sexual abuse – including family incest.
- Factitious or Induced Illness (FII)
- Very serious domestic violence including marital and family rape.
- Serious Private Law cases including Emergency re Removal from the Jurisdiction, Port Alert and Passport Orders.
- Implacable hostility cases occasioning the removal of children into foster care or to the non-resident parent.
- Fiona also undertakes Ancillary Relief proceedings
Prior to joining Chambers, Fiona already had 10 years experience as a Solicitor in England and Wales. She was a partner in private practice in charge of Family and Criminal departments. She joined Chambers in 2002 as a member of the Family Team.
Education and Qualifications
LLB (Hons) Dip LP – Aberdeen
Solicitor and Notary Public in Scotland
Family time and her dogs, food, falconry and the SCOTTISH rugby team!