Anna is on the CPS Specialist Panel of the Serious Crime Group at level 4, is a Category 4 Prosecutor and is a member of the Rape and Serious Sexual Offences panel.
Anna regularly prosecutes and defends in the Crown Court across all criminal offences including murder, serious sexual offences and regulatory matters.
- Particular interest in serious sexual offences, particularly cases involving vulnerable witnesses. Experience of s28 procedure.
- Experience in defending vulnerable clients including individuals with mental health difficulties.
- Regularly instructed by Local Authorities to prosecute regulatory offences, including advising pre-charge.
- Instructed in both criminal and judicial review proceedings involving a Local Authority as interested party.
- R v CW  – Prosecution – led by Michael Jones QC. Sentence of 23 years.
- R v JC  –Prosecution – led by David Elias QC. Sentence of 31 years.
- R v JD  – Prosecution – led by Andrew Thomas QC. Sentence of 30 years.
- Others include R v AW and others  (prosecution – led by Simon Medland QC) and R v DJ  (defence of double murder, led by Elwen Evans QC)
- CWAC v X  – Instructed as led junior counsel in National Trading Standards investigation, involving both criminal and civil hearings before Crown Court, High Court and Administrative Court. Case ongoing.
- CWAC v P  – currently instructed in case involving rogue traders.
- CWAC v MA  – prosecution for breaches of food safety regulations.
- CWAC v AM  – fraudulent trading and counterfeit jewellery prosecution.
- CWAC v TK and others : Led by Andrew Thomas QC prosecuting rogue landlords on behalf of Trading Standards.
- R v AD  – prosecuted father for historic sex offences against family members. Sentence of 24 years after trial.
- R v MP  – prosecuted female for historic sex offences against 3 year old.
- R v GH  – prosecuted male for inciting prostitution.
- R v FC  – defended male for alleged historic sex offences. Acquitted after trial.
- R v DD  – defended artist charged with disclosing private sexual photographs, as part of his portfolio. Crown offered no evidence following extensive legal argument.
Violence / drugs / fraud
- R v G, S, S  – currently instructed as led junior in kidnap, robbery and firearms case, involving extensive cell site and telephone evidence.
- R v B, M and P  – prosecution of conspiracy to burgle over 35 dwellings
- R v TE & ors  – sole junior prosecuting 10 defendants for conspiracy to burgle.
- R v B, E, G  – prosecution of 3 males for violent robbery of 88 year old lady in home.
- R v A & ors  – prosecution of 5 males for conspiracy to defraud.
- Attend and manage monthly Pro Bono Immigration Clinic at Chester Citizens Advice Bureau assisting those with immigration/ asylum matters.
- Pro bono work with a number of national charities supporting refugees and asylum seekers. Work has included:
- Permission and substantive judicial review hearings at the Administrative Court on behalf of asylum seekers.
- Telephone applications for emergency injunctions preventing deportation of failed asylum seekers whilst outstanding judicial review proceedings not finalised.
- Applications on behalf of EU nationals for settled status in UK.
- Graduate LLB (Hons) Law – Nottingham Law School. GDL and BVC.
- MA(Cantab) Modern and Medieval Languages (French and Spanish) Christ’s College, Cambridge University
- Merchant Taylors School for Girls, Crosby
Other Qualifications and Accreditations:
- Direct Access qualified.
- Approved facilitator for Northern/Wales and Chester circuits for vulnerable witness training.
- National Volunteering England Gold Award; introduction of clinic for law students to work with refugees and asylum seekers.
Memberships and Associations:
- Member of Bar Pro Bono Unit and Joint Council for the Welfare of Immigrants
- Fluent in French and Spanish. Conversational Catalan and Italian.