Anna is a Category 4 Prosecutor and Member of Rape and Serious Sexual Offences panel.
Anna regularly prosecutes and defends in the Crown Court and Youth Court across all criminal offences including murder and serious sexual offences.
- Specialises in serious sexual offences, particularly cases involving vulnerable witnesses
- Experienced in prosecuting and defending historic sexual offences
- Particular interest in defending vulnerable clients including individuals with mental health difficulties or those charged with immigration offences
- R v JC  – currently led by David Elias QC prosecuting defendant charged with murder.
- R v JD  – led by Andrew Thomas QC prosecuting defendant charged with series of offences including murder
- R v LL  – prosecuted double death by dangerous driving. Convicted after trial.
- R v AW and others  – led by Simon Medland QC prosecuting murder
- R v J  – led by Elwen Evans QC defending man charged with double murder of wife and child.
- R v PG  – prosecuted father for familial rapes. Sentence of 18 years imprisonment increased to 24 years imprisonment following successful AG reference.
- R v JB  – prosecuted 93 year old for historic rapes. 14 years imprisonment.
- R v PM  – defended father charged with historic child rape and child cruelty; acquitted
- R v TK and others : Led by Andrew Thomas QC prosecuting rogue landlords on behalf of Trading Standards.
- Appeared at permission and substantive judicial review hearings at the Administrative Court on behalf of asylum seekers.
- Conducted telephone applications for emergency injunctions preventing deportation of failed asylum seekers whilst outstanding judicial review proceedings not finalised.
- Graduate LLB (Hons) Law – Nottingham Law School. GDL and BVC.
- MA(Cantab) Modern and Medieval Languages (French and Spanish) Christ’s College, Cambridge University
- Merchant Taylors School for Girls, Crosby
Awards & Scholarships:
- Awarded ‘Best for Mental Health related Defence Cases 2015’, AI Legal Awards 2015.
- National Volunteering England Gold Award; set up and managed a clinic for law students at centre supporting refugees and asylum seekers.
- Benefactors Scholarship, Middle Temple
Other Qualification and Accreditations:
- Work closely with Chester Citizens Advice Bureau and a number of national charities supporting asylum seekers and refugees.
- Direct Access qualified.
- Approved facilitator for Northern/Wales and Chester circuit for vulnerable witness training.
Memberships and Associations:
- Member of Bar Pro Bono Unit and Joint Council for the Welfare of Immigrants
- Fluent in French and Spanish. Conversational Catalan and Italian.